Every gift to the PSMC Foundation makes a difference. The PSMC Foundation is a tax-exempt 501C(3) nonprofit that is dedicated to supporting the Pagosa Springs Medical Center in its efforts to advance medical and ambulance services. Donations of $250 or more qualify for a twenty-five percent tax credit.
Some past generous donations to the Foundation have supported PSMC with the following:
- $1 million from community donors to build the original hospital building that opened in 2008
- $397,481 to acquire, in 2014, 2D mammography machine and mammography suite
- $4 million in donations and grants to build PSMC’s Outpatient wing that opened in 2017
- $282,035 donated towards 2019 upgrades of Heating, Ventilation and air conditioning to support the expansion of oncology and surgery
- In 2020-2021, donors contributed lunches, hand-made masks, and pandemic supplies to support PSMC employee morale
- $150,000 to assist, in 2021, with the MRI building installation
- $595,705 in donations to purchase, in 2022, a 3D mammography machine and mammography suite upgrade; and $29,450 to purchase, in 2022, surgical equipment
- Art and donations for art to make the medical center experience more pleasant for patients
The PSMC Foundation designates all donations into one of four categories:
- EMS Fund: Support for emergency medical services ambulances, vehicles and equipment;
- General Fund: Support for any PSMC need as determined by the PSMC Foundation Board;
- Oncology, Women’s Health, Surgery Fund: Support for medical equipment, building, operations and software; and
- Patient Needs Fund: Support the needs of patients in crisis with food, lodging, prescription drugs and gas.
There are many ways to support the PSMC Foundation, either online or by mail, including:
Colorado Enterprise Zone Tax Benefits
Donations to the Foundation of $250 or more per year qualify for a twenty-five percent Enterprise Zone state tax credit for donors who file taxes in the State of Colorado. Donations may also be eligible for federal charitable donation deductions. Please consult with your financial advisor or attorney for more information on the impact of planned gifts.
PSMC’s Foundation is grateful for all donations. To donate click the button below. Upon receiving any donation, the Foundation staff contacts the donor to verify receipt of the gift and the fund designation.
To purchase Foundation event tickets click here: