PSMC Helpful Hints if you are feeling sick
PSMC is experiencing high volumes of patients with viral illness (Flu, RSV and COVID-19) symptoms including:
- Fever and chills
- Headaches, body aches, or muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy (congested) nose
- Chest discomfort
- Poor appetite
- Weakness or fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
Taking care of yourself at home by taking over-the-counter medicines, resting and drinking plenty of fluids can help relieve symptoms. In most cases, viruses go away on their own.
For Flu and RSV, stay home until your fever has been gone for 24 hours unless you are visiting your health care provider. For COVID-19, follow CDC isolation guidelines found here:
Seek immediate medical attention if you or your child:
- Develop shortness of breath or have difficulty breathing
- Have skin or nails that turn a bluish color
- Have severe pain or stiffness in your neck
- Develop a sudden headache or sudden pain in your face or ear
- Cannot maintain fluid/food intake
- Cannot eat or drink without vomiting.
- Have persistent fluid loss (vomiting/diarrhea)
- And if your infant/baby is not drinking, has a decreased number of wet diapers, has fever not controlled by Motrin or Tylenol, or is lethargic.
Walk-In Clinic hours: M-F 7:30am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm.
Emergency Department open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.